ASCM is looking for a new International/WSCF Liaison Officer
ASCM is looking for a new volunteer International Officer (WSCF Liaison Officer)! This exciting role may involve some international travel (borders permitting). It provides the opportunity to meet with Christian students from around the world, organise international programs and recommend the position the National Executive should take on key international events. If you're interested in foreign affairs, or just the world in general, this is the role for you!
As a member of the ASCM National Executive, the International Officer is responsible for the following:
- Liaising with the World Student Christian Federation and other international ecumenical bodies working with students
- Advertising international programs and selecting participants to attend these programs
- Updating the ASCM National Executive on decisions and programs from international ecumenical bodies working with students, and advertising these opportunities through our newsletter, ASCM's official social media accounts, and senior friend and ecumenical networks
- Formulating the ASCM's position on international events (especially in the Asia Pacific region) in consultation with the National Executive, and sharing position statements via social media and in our newsletter
- Organising bilateral events with other student Christian movements (e.g. seminars via Zoom)
- Reporting to the ASCM National Executive twice a year on their activities
- Preparing reports about ASCM's work for the World Student Christian Federation every 2 years, together with the National Coordinator.
ASCM strongly encourages students to apply. If this sounds like you, send a short (no more than one page) description of why you're interested in the role, along with a 2 page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday 1 May.